Skip to main content

LIVE. Don't Just Exist!


Whilst scrolling through my facebook news feed sometime back, I came across this great quote;
"Some people die at 25 & aren't buried until 75."
This hit me real hard & it got me to thinking "What in hell's name are we doing with our lives?." Although I was already experiencing quite a great deal outta life, somehow, this quote made me feel like it wasn't enough. And guess what? It's never enough.

How we choose to live our lives may vary from person to person. Whilst traveling may appeal as truly living to one, a career to die for may appeal the same to another. Some people refer to partying every weekend as living life to the fullest whilst for some it's nothing but a hearty breakfast in bed with your loved ones on a cold Sunday morning. 

Whichever it is, it has to be something that sets your soul on fire, makes you smile like a 15 year old in love & keeps your heart bursting with contentment at the end of the day.

If you don't feel your heart exploding outta happiness every now and then, if you don't fall short of breath outta mere excitement & if all you wanna do at the end of the day is collapse onto your bed, then you're not living. You're just existing.

For most of the part, life is pretty routine. It can get boring & it can be exhausting. As people who stick to a strict working schedule, this is pretty normal. But what matters is what we choose to do outside of that routine.
For people who enjoy their career more than anything, they'll barely have any complains. As for the others who go to work just to make a living, you can still find your passion outside of work. Engage in activities that makes you feel great to be alive. 

Living your life to the fullest doesn't necessarily mean vacationing in Bora Bora or sipping martinis in Mykonos. It doesn't have to be about getting engaged under the Eiffel tower or kissing strangers on NYE in Times Square. Well, by all means, go ahead and do all that if you can afford it. But I'm talking about the simpler things that'll truly make you grateful for this life.

Some of life's greatest joys are found in the simplest of moments.

If you're tired of working a whole week straight, plan a road trip with your buddies. Take long walks in the evenings after long, crappy, boring work meetings. Find something new to do. Take a cooking class, join a gym, go for yoga, bake a cake, take a kick-boxing lesson. Do things you've always been afraid of doing. Things like sky diving, bungee jumping, scuba diving, mountain hiking. Go out on a Friday night & pull off an all nighter, dancing your heart out. Engage in acts of kindness that helps the lives of others & feels good in your heart, like charity events, fund raising, orphanage visiting. Find new events on your social calendar & take part atleast once for experience sake. Things like wine tasting, culinary exhibitions, auctions, masquerade balls, etc. 

Create a new lifestyle that benefits both your mental & physical health. Start a new diet plan, a workout plan, a new morning/night routine, a new makeup routine. Save up and visit a place you've never been before. Do it every year, two times a year or however way convenient to you. Make a new friend from every place you go, locally or foreign. Explore cultures, discover people, try new cuisines. The options are endless, REALLY!  It's all about keeping yourself occupied & satisfied, both at the same time. It's about looking back one day & being able to say "been there, done that" instead of just being busy and saying I missed out on so much. It's about being young at heart no matter the age & willing to do something extravagant. To go into depths than merely surfing in the shallow. 

It's never too late to start over & it's never too late to keep adding something new, one step at a time. But just don't die before you're dead. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be ruthless in your actions; be kind in your tone

Actions tell us why words don't mean a thing. So here's me writing why it's so important to communicate your messages through actions whilst maintaining the calm in your tone. It took me years to realize that people being ruthless in their tone is a result of them being angry at themselves. I have personally said some pretty nasty things to people who's actions tremendously affected me only to find out that I was only angry because I cared so deeply about them & that their slightest actions had such a big impact on me. This often ends up making us look immature & someone with a lot of negative energy. Sounding angry almost never covers our sole purpose of being angry, which is to convey our feelings to another person. I have often noticed that people barely pay attention when you're angry although the purpose was to grab their attention in the first place. This is why it's important to "DO" & "NOT SAY". Think of it like

You're Not For Everyone!

Hello lovely readers!! Been a while since I wrote anything. Well, I'm starting to see a pattern in my opening lines actually because . . . I've come to the realization that I do not write as often as I would like to. But 'ey, QUALITY over QUANTITY aye?! Yes, quality. Definitely!! When it comes to basically everything in life from food to clothes to cosmetics we often look for quality. Ironically, when it comes to the most important aspect we tend to completely overlook this. RELATIONSHIPS and the people we associate ourselves with.   We will befriend just about anyone in this day and age. Is it due to common courtesy, need for attention, out of loneliness, inability to set boundaries or the lack of self-worth on our part?! Well, I am still looking for the answer too. But here's the thing, it's not the answer that matters but the question itself. How many relationships, romantic or platonic, do we need in our lives?! Its a matter or quality over quantity. Why is it s

The version of me you created in your head is not my responsibility

  In my thirty years of existence the amount of times I’ve battled the feeling of “never being good enough” is countless and honestly, quite sad if you ask me. As I’ve said before, I was raised in a household where openness and conservativeness were parallel. There are things that were ok to do and things that weren’t. It’s surprising that actually how some of the basic things were taboo and some things Asian parents considered taboo, I was allowed to do. Not gonna go into detail but I guess what I’m trying to say is, maybe growing up I was kinda lost in translation. I was constantly told to consider the society as part of my lifestyle before making major life decisions because somehow, for some reason their perceptions mattered. I was taught to be very cautious about my appearance because well, looks matter. I wasn’t allowed to leave my house without a pair of earrings, I wouldn’t be caught dead in flip-flops, never worn unfitting or non-matching clothes even in my teens, hair n