Skip to main content

Breaking The Ex-Addiction!



Well well! In my last post I talked about how to ease up & get through the hardships of life when everything seems to be falling apart. Today's topic is about how to heal after a break-up while living a life that feels good on the inside.

Your reaction to every action.

You can't help what happens to you along your journey in life. But you have total control over how you choose to react to it. A problem only have as much power as you decide to give it. For those who missed my last post about how to over come a hard situation, just click on the link here http://natashafdo.blogspot.com/2016/01/life-style.html 
Say you did everything which was in that post, now how do you keep it up is what I'm going to talk about in the next topic.

Finding the inner-peace.

What's all this inner-peace everyone keeps talking about?? As you all may have heard, the saying goes "Your mind is the most powerful tool once properly trained." So finding inner peace is about having peace of mind. Filling your mind up with nothing but the positive energy cuz there are things you can & can't change in this world.
So as the topic says, just assume you break up with your significant other. More like, they call it off so you lose your mind. So you might do all the things you can to prove to them that you are totally over them & you make sure you hold it in together in their presence. But what happens when you're left all alone again? You break down. This is what we need to over come. Let me break it down into the below points.
  • Acceptance ---> Accepting things as it is the best way to heal & grow. Researches have proven that most people get over the death of a loved one & heal faster than healing from a break up. Now the reason for this is that little bit of hope you hold on to. When you accept that something is over & someone is out of your life for good, the healing process is much faster. 
  • Letting go ---> Now letting go is the easy part but the post effect is whats terrible. Which is exactly why you need to accept before you let go. When you train your mind to believe that some things are never going back to how they used to be, you somehow find yourself getting detached from them.
I know its easier said than done. It's probably all you ever hear from those around. Like, you need to forget it, you need to let it go, you deserve better, blah blah blah.

This is why I'm going to tell you how to truly accept things as it is.

To accept is to know that it's done & dusted.It's the minor things you do for them that you need to change so you can finally accept it's gone. Below are the points that are holding you back from accepting things as they are.
  • Dressing to impress - If you have been picking out your outfits hoping to make them fall in love with you all over again, STOP! Dress for yourself & follow the styles you like. Simply for your own satisfaction.
  • Hoping to "accidentally"  run into them - You don't have to waste your time & energy wondering where they'll be during what time of the day & then hope to run into them so you can just turn around & give that cold "walk away". As a matter of fact, you don't have to wonder about them at all. You need to start living your life your way, doing the things you like for your sake.
  • Holding onto memory stressing the "Could haves" - Always remember, if it should have it would have. There's nothing you did to change it. So get over the idea that things would have been any different.
  • Blaming them - Blaming them or holding a grudge against them is to hate them & we all know that hatred consumes as much space in your heart as love does. So don't let them vent in it where as you can use up that space for so many other useful things.
  • Scheming to get them back -  The 1st two points I've mentioned here is a part of scheming. This only lets you be more miserable than you already are. Especially when nothing you do works. So this is definitely a BIG NO!
  • Plotting revenge / hoping to see them fail - 1st of all, if a person doesn't want to be with you, they don't want to. You need to respect that decision no matter what promise they made to you or how good of a man or woman you were to them. You might probably be the last person to love them unconditionally & it's their loss they didn't see it. But plotting revenge only consumes your energy, not their's. And that energy, you can be using on something more productive.
  • Firmly believing that you will never find the same kind of love again - This is the ultimate heart breaker. You obviously shared an intimate connection with this person. But if it was meant to be, it would have been. Maybe that connection wasn't as strong as you thought it was or maybe it was simply built on a wrong foundation. The more you tend to believe you won't find love again, the harder it gets to accept that you're no longer connected to this person. The love that's meant to be will definitely come your way. 
7 easy things to practice so you can finally accept and the "letting-go" fill follow through. 
For those of you who still think its' easier said than done, I'm not preaching, I'm talking through my personal experience here & I know that there's nothing that can't be done, if you trained your mind enough. 

And what you finally need to remember is that, sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be ruthless in your actions; be kind in your tone

Actions tell us why words don't mean a thing. So here's me writing why it's so important to communicate your messages through actions whilst maintaining the calm in your tone. It took me years to realize that people being ruthless in their tone is a result of them being angry at themselves. I have personally said some pretty nasty things to people who's actions tremendously affected me only to find out that I was only angry because I cared so deeply about them & that their slightest actions had such a big impact on me. This often ends up making us look immature & someone with a lot of negative energy. Sounding angry almost never covers our sole purpose of being angry, which is to convey our feelings to another person. I have often noticed that people barely pay attention when you're angry although the purpose was to grab their attention in the first place. This is why it's important to "DO" & "NOT SAY". Think of it like

You're Not For Everyone!

Hello lovely readers!! Been a while since I wrote anything. Well, I'm starting to see a pattern in my opening lines actually because . . . I've come to the realization that I do not write as often as I would like to. But 'ey, QUALITY over QUANTITY aye?! Yes, quality. Definitely!! When it comes to basically everything in life from food to clothes to cosmetics we often look for quality. Ironically, when it comes to the most important aspect we tend to completely overlook this. RELATIONSHIPS and the people we associate ourselves with.   We will befriend just about anyone in this day and age. Is it due to common courtesy, need for attention, out of loneliness, inability to set boundaries or the lack of self-worth on our part?! Well, I am still looking for the answer too. But here's the thing, it's not the answer that matters but the question itself. How many relationships, romantic or platonic, do we need in our lives?! Its a matter or quality over quantity. Why is it s

The version of me you created in your head is not my responsibility

  In my thirty years of existence the amount of times I’ve battled the feeling of “never being good enough” is countless and honestly, quite sad if you ask me. As I’ve said before, I was raised in a household where openness and conservativeness were parallel. There are things that were ok to do and things that weren’t. It’s surprising that actually how some of the basic things were taboo and some things Asian parents considered taboo, I was allowed to do. Not gonna go into detail but I guess what I’m trying to say is, maybe growing up I was kinda lost in translation. I was constantly told to consider the society as part of my lifestyle before making major life decisions because somehow, for some reason their perceptions mattered. I was taught to be very cautious about my appearance because well, looks matter. I wasn’t allowed to leave my house without a pair of earrings, I wouldn’t be caught dead in flip-flops, never worn unfitting or non-matching clothes even in my teens, hair n