Skip to main content

How To Get Your Life Together No Matter What Life Throws At You


Hello People!! :)


Well wishes for the new year as this is my 1st post for the year and those of you who keep up with my blog would notice I've done some minor changes here. To begin with, I've added a new column called "Lifestyle" & I sort of edited the other columns.


The reason being, I realized I've got more to write on daily happenings & more practical ones. This is basically gonna be on day-to-day things we face and I intend on guiding those in need of some sorta emotional uplifting. 


So Today's topic, also the first topic under this column is to get you guys through the hardships in life, gracefully.


Keep reading & I hope it'll be useful.

I must say that 2015 was probably not the best year of my life. Actually, definitely not the best year of my life because what happened during that year was all beyond my control. It was a sudden, surreal blur. Literally. From Jan to December. Every news I heard, every circumstance I had to face, it was so bizarre. Like life was literally throwing me lemons. But you know what they say, all you need to do when that happens is to grab a bottle of tequila & some salt. And that is exactly what I did.


Dec 31st to Jan 1st is just a matter of a couple of hours and you can't expect your life to get better with the new year. But surprisingly, and also proudly, I must say that I've never been so much in control of my self and I've never felt so lite like I have the past couple of weeks. In a nutshell, 2016 looks so much better than I had expected it to be. Oops!! I hope I didn't jinx it. *wink wink* But that was not something that happened overnight. It happened with the choices I made & the willingness to fight back.


And it's not rocket science. Just like everything else, it's the little things in life that makes a huge difference. This is something you all could try doing in case your 2016 is sucking up your energy like 2015 did mine.

Change your surrounding


Did you know that what or whom you're surrounded by is the key thing that affects your mind? The messier the surrounding, the messier the mind. So lets start off with this simple trick 1st. Think about all the places you spend most of your time at. I bet the 1st place is your bed room. Been too busy grieving over things you can't change, where you couldn't find the time to clean up?? now that's a BIG "NO-NO". It's sort of a psychological thing that hits your brain. So trick no. 1 is to clean that mess up.


**Tips & tricks**


  • Drag your sad ass out of bed & get into some comfy clothes.
  • Get yourself a strong black coffee (works for me) or your type of energy booster.
  • Turn up the music - & I don't mean hello by Adele. Listen to some fast tracks where you can dance to.
  • Start off by cleaning your room, re-arranging your closet, re-decorating your vanity, doing your laundry.
  • Once you're done with the above, you can go on yotube/pinterest/tumbler & check out some cute DIY room decor ideas which would fit for your room. 
  • Use more vibrant colors.
  • Burn more candles than you usually do - scented, the better.
  • Make sure you change your work desk too. Clean it up & work it out.
So here are a few youtube links I thought might help you re-decorate your room. :)




Change of attitude

Usually everyone discusses attitude 1st in any topic because they believe its the easiest and most effective thing to change in order to deal with things. But how many of you all already knew that changing your surrounding automatically changes your attitude? Now that's why I left it for the 2nd.

Ok let me give you hypothetical examples say based on recent events people I know dealt with. 

How would you want to deal with knowing someone you care about the most is thoroughly ill? Are you gonna be negative about it and fill that person's life with negative energy too?? 

How would you feel to be stuck at a job you don't really enjoy doing & nothing out there is literally working out but you gotta carry on anyway because you're an independent person & you really need the cash??

How would you feel when the one person you trusted with your life walks out on you??

Even worse, how would you feel if it all happened, all at once?? 

Are you never going to leave your bed?? Are you going to be wearing yoga pants all day eating comfort food & get fat just so you could be more miserable?? Are you going to cry your eyes out until they sink in?? Well you can do all of it, but the question is, for how long? Are you going to spend all your life weeping or are you gonna be turning the tables around? Now that choice is your's & yours's alone to make!

So like I said before, if you change your surrounding, I'd say more than 50% of your attitude automatically changes. From negative to positive. To achieve the other 50% or so is what I'm going to talk about in my next topic.


Invest time in yourself AKA the "Me Time"

To invest time in yourself doesn't mean post self-obsessed posts about yourself on social media. Invest in yourself while enjoying solitude. Take time off of your busy day and do those little things that makes you happy. Things you always wanted to do.

**Tips & tricks**
  • The first and major step is change something about your appearance. You know that signature style you've had? well, maybe it's time to create a new one.
  • Quoted by Coco Chanel - "A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life" and that statement has never gone wrong. Get a new hair-do/ make over.
  • Pamper yourself -  Go to a spa, a new restaurant, get a manicure / pedicure done. (anything is possible at this point)
  • Spoil yourself - you know how far a little retail therapy can go right? Now I'm not saying waste all your money but as long as you've got your priorities straight, spending a little extra for your well-being won't do any harm. - Buy yourself new shoes (ALWAYS works for me), a perfume, a book, a scarf . . . Anything you can afford!!
  • Make time - To grieve, to break-down, to breathe & to rise again. Its normal for us humans to have a little melt down. To unpack & live there or to rise through it is what makes us who we are. So make time to go through that process, one day at a time.
  • Walk a mile or two after a long day and get some fresh air.
  • Have long, hot showers (or cold ones) depending on your preference. ;)
  • Indulge in things you've always loved.
  • You know how complete you feel when your outfit is on point? Then imagine how complete you'll feel if your whole self was on point. Make time for hair & make-up. Make it a routine (especially if you're working), dress-up not to impress but to express yourself, wear those killer heels & you'll feel you could conquer the world. Trust me on this, but this is a confidence booster. It happens unaware when you know you look good. & you won't let anyone or anything bring you down.
  • If you're a guy, work out a little. Go to the gym & work out your anger on that punching bag.
  • Go for morning runs in the beach & do something you love like, photography, hiking, camping, etc.
Now these are what's gonna fix the remaining 50% of your attitude. Moving on to the next topic now . . .

Change your company

Now I don't mean the company you work for. I mean the company you keep. You don't need a hell of a lot of people around you to feel good & you most certainly don't need the ones who suck the positive energy out of you. Infact, you shouldn't NEED anyone at all.You just WANT good company so choose them wisely. I can count the generous people I have in my life on one hand. I mean, apart from a very few family members I'm close to, I really don't have a lot of friends I could count on. But I've always been happier with my choices because every one of those friendships have lasted for years through thick & thin.

Break the routine

Now if I go back to the examples I gave you, if you know someone sick who's so dear to you, make sure to spend as much time as possible with them. Seeing them in that state might break you apart but what you need to remember is, your strength is now their strength too. So be happy for your self and spread those positive vibes around. A happy soul is always a healthy soul. Remember, they need your company & offering that to them not only makes them happy but seeing them happy keeps you at peace. You're giving them hope to see a new tomorrow & the thought of it is automatically gonna fix your mood.

Now being stuck at a job you don't enjoy and not getting another one is really beyond your control & there's not much you could do about it. But there are always alternatives to get through the day. If you're working close to a best friend you can always go on random lunch outs and share your insights. Talk it out. You can take your lunch hour off and get some of your personal things done. You could go to your favorite restaurant & eat alone & on pay day maybe you could even shop a bit ;)

So if you're going through a fresh break-up, I'd say don't broadcast it. Don't talk about it. What I've learnt over the years is that there are so many opportunists in this world. And this applies to both men & women. Having a loved one go is probably one of the hardest things if you may ask & this is the state you're usually most vulnerable. You tend to find salvation in another person & you seek comfort from people. But sooner or later you'll find out that this is wrong on so many levels. So you might see a hot guy in your friend list who just inboxed you lets say a couple of minutes past your post break-up status. coincidence?? I THINK NOT. You think he's cute, you carry on with the conversation. You eventually end up opening up to him & at the time he's your most comforting soul. Are his intentions pure?? High chances are, they're not. Now I personally I'm very pick with whom I talk to & I'm even more picky with whom I open up to but not everyone is always in their senses so I'm just trying to stop you from making the biggest mistake in your life. Its one thing to re-tweet or reply to a stranger's comment but its a whole other thing to share your life story in detail with them. So take your time after a break-up & deal with it on your own or you're gonna get yourself in an even bigger mess & that I guarantee you is twice as unpleasant. I've seen it happen & I've helped people deal with it. The best thing to do after a breakup is to deal with the post breakup trauma on your own or talk to one person you completely trust. No social media updates & definitely no private messages to random guys. After a couple of days think if the person you've been crying over is truly worth it. Think of all the good things & the bad things they've done while being in the relationship. Now if the bad over-weighs the good then is there even a point of measuring the good?? And if the good over-weighs the bad, does it matter anymore, cuz at the end of the day they still wanted to leave right? So is it really worth it trying to justify their actions?? We go through all the pain & the heart ache cuz we are trapped in an illusion that things could have ended up differently.The moment you accept reality & realize your self worth, the way you view things are going to change completely. 

You see, if you read my post from top to bottom you'll notice that none of these things actually require you to go out of your way. It's all about how well you train your mind. It's about realizing that nothing in this life we live is permanent. It's learning that life is a balance of holding on & letting go. Now life has a weird turn of events sometimes which is beyond our control but what we choose to hold on & what we choose to let go is what makes us or breaks us. Follow these simple steps & witness the drastic change that's about to happen. Feel it, experience it & most of all live it. Also, know that your inner peace is worth more than anything you wish for. 

. . .  Because you get this one life. But if you live it right, one is more than enough. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be ruthless in your actions; be kind in your tone

Actions tell us why words don't mean a thing. So here's me writing why it's so important to communicate your messages through actions whilst maintaining the calm in your tone. It took me years to realize that people being ruthless in their tone is a result of them being angry at themselves. I have personally said some pretty nasty things to people who's actions tremendously affected me only to find out that I was only angry because I cared so deeply about them & that their slightest actions had such a big impact on me. This often ends up making us look immature & someone with a lot of negative energy. Sounding angry almost never covers our sole purpose of being angry, which is to convey our feelings to another person. I have often noticed that people barely pay attention when you're angry although the purpose was to grab their attention in the first place. This is why it's important to "DO" & "NOT SAY". Think of it like

You're Not For Everyone!

Hello lovely readers!! Been a while since I wrote anything. Well, I'm starting to see a pattern in my opening lines actually because . . . I've come to the realization that I do not write as often as I would like to. But 'ey, QUALITY over QUANTITY aye?! Yes, quality. Definitely!! When it comes to basically everything in life from food to clothes to cosmetics we often look for quality. Ironically, when it comes to the most important aspect we tend to completely overlook this. RELATIONSHIPS and the people we associate ourselves with.   We will befriend just about anyone in this day and age. Is it due to common courtesy, need for attention, out of loneliness, inability to set boundaries or the lack of self-worth on our part?! Well, I am still looking for the answer too. But here's the thing, it's not the answer that matters but the question itself. How many relationships, romantic or platonic, do we need in our lives?! Its a matter or quality over quantity. Why is it s

The version of me you created in your head is not my responsibility

  In my thirty years of existence the amount of times I’ve battled the feeling of “never being good enough” is countless and honestly, quite sad if you ask me. As I’ve said before, I was raised in a household where openness and conservativeness were parallel. There are things that were ok to do and things that weren’t. It’s surprising that actually how some of the basic things were taboo and some things Asian parents considered taboo, I was allowed to do. Not gonna go into detail but I guess what I’m trying to say is, maybe growing up I was kinda lost in translation. I was constantly told to consider the society as part of my lifestyle before making major life decisions because somehow, for some reason their perceptions mattered. I was taught to be very cautious about my appearance because well, looks matter. I wasn’t allowed to leave my house without a pair of earrings, I wouldn’t be caught dead in flip-flops, never worn unfitting or non-matching clothes even in my teens, hair n